Thursday, December 11, 2014

Masters of Photography - Imogen Cunningham

Imogen Cunningham, one of the masters of photography, was born in Portland, Oregon in 1883, and passed away on June 23, 1976, at the age of 93. Through out her lengthy life, Imogen accomplished a lot in her respective field. Imogen was famous for Botanical photography, which she often credited her Chemistry major at the University of Washington for. Nature was a very important aspect of life to Imogen Cunningham, as her pictures show her love and appreciation for nature, but her pictures also included many people too.
I chose Imogen Cunningham simply because, much like her, I love and appreciate nature. Imogen inspired me to refine and focus my love for nature even more, to the point where photographs show my love for it, not just my words. My respect for the master of photography, Imogen Cunningham, grew exponentially throughout the photography project.

Picture 1: Before


Picture 1: After

This picture, of my digital photography partner, named Zoheb, I edited much like how Imogen would edit picture of her fellow photographers. I first increased the clarity of the picture, and of course made it black and white rather than colored. 

Picture 2: Before

Picture 2: After



I edited this picture of a botanical, by first making it black and white, then zooming in slightly on the picture itself. 

Picture 3: Before 

Picture 3: After
I edited this picture of leaves and plants, by increasing the clarity of the picture, and making it black and white.

Picture 4: Before 

Picture 4: After
Much like the previous pictures, I made this black and white as well, zoomed out, and added borders to the top and bottom of the picture. 

Picture 5: Before

Picture 5: After

For my fifth and final picture, I chose a picture of botanicals, as an ode to Imogen. I edited the picture by slightly zooming in, increasing clarity, and of course making the picture black and white. 

No comments:

Post a Comment