Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Composition Review - 3 Rules

Above is the original picture that does not show any of my rules of composition. 



After cropping the picture and zooming in, I made sure that my 3 rules of composition were shown through this. My 3 rules shown here include Reflection, in the eye, though subtle, it shows reflection.

 Another is avoiding the middle, the main focus of the photograph is the eye of the sculpture, which in the cropped photo is off to the left rather than in the middle. 

My third and last picture is Depth, which is shown through the leaves in this picture.

In New York Times Lens Blog post titled, "Revisiting Unhealed Wounds", I chose picture number 4 because it shows depth, the tiles on the left show reflection in a subtle way, and there is no true centralized subject. 



2 comments: